12.22.2011

Life as we know it.

I've been on Christmas break since about a week ago. I'm soaking up all this time at home by waitressing at the restaurant my aunt owns (the same one I worked at this summer.)  That job was probably my favorite job that I've had thus far.  I love talking to the people, and the people I work with are awesome. 

Finals went okay.  I got my first "C" of my life. UGH.  I might retake that class though to boost my GPA.  (that dropped from a 3.6 to a 3.2...double UGH.) It feels so nice to be able to relax and enjoy some time at home for three weeks before going back to school.

Mark drove two hours north of his hometown to come stay with me for a few days! We went ice fishing (yes, I live in Minnesooota.)  We also visited some of my family members and watched a movie.  His stay was a short two days, but I'll be headed south for about 3-4 days.  I get to "meet the parents."  OH geez.  I'm nervous and excited.  I'm curious to see where he grew up and what his home life is like! 





I've also been babysitting quite a bit.  My cousin, Michael, is 17 months old & just the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Last night we were playing trains on the floor in the living room.  He ran (or waddled) to the kitchen and I called for him.  I didn't get a response.  I got up and went to the kitchen only to my surprise...he wasn't there.  I called his name again and he slapped the cupboard door open and just giggled.  He was hiding on me! Geez. He's adorable.

Today I had a car appointment at a mechanic garage here in my hometown.  I needed a wheel alignment, and my heater fan was acting up.  My appointment was at 9am.  The guy JUST called me now to tell me my car is ready to be picked up.  (It's almost 3 o'clock.)  Turns out I had a broken bolt, and they needed to replace my entire cage on my fan.  SOOOO 207 dollars later... makes me sick. Mehhhh.  Great. Just what I needed before Christmas. 

On a better note, tomorrow night I plan on catching up with a friend from high school.  I'm going to her house about a half hour south of my hometown and making dinner together.  I haven't seen her since the Keith Urban concert we went to.  I'm pretty pumped to meet up with her!

Have a very Merry Christmas, all my fellow bloggers. :)

love. B.

No comments: