Today I was in a local grocery store looking at the shelves trying to decide what I exactly I wanted. A small boy was riding in the cart his mom was pushing. She wasn't really paying much attention to him as he was munching on his fruit snacks. He was singing a little song and talking to his snacks before he put each one in his mouth. Then, he looked up at his mom and said "Mama, I'm so wucky." She said "Why are you so lucky?" He replied "Because I have wots of good stuff in my wife [life]." It was so adorable. I didn't expect something so deep to come from such a small child. It really got me thinking on my drive home from the store what exactly I'm thankful for/what I'm lucky to have in my life.
-My family. ALL of them.This sounds so cliche, but I really don't know how I would live without them.
-My education. I never realized I was lucky to have this until my friend was telling me how she can't go to the college she wants because of her family life. ugh.
-Friendships. My friends are what keep me sane. We laugh, we cry, we dance. :)
-Love. Enough said.
-Food. I love eating. baha.
-Blankets. I can't sleep without blankets. Drives me nuts.
-Relationships. Even though I'm single, I'm lucky enough to have had the experiences of being in love and being heartbroken. Live & learn. Plus, I've developed an amazing friendship from one of my relationships.
-A house. Duh.
-A phone. Contact to the outside world. (Although it slightly irritates me that people can get ahold of me whenever wherever.
-Money. Being broke isn't fun.
-Internet. I don't remember the last time I went 24 hours without the internet.
-Music. It hold so many emotions. I love feeling the mood of each melody running through my ears.
-My health. I'm lucky to be healthy. I'm lucky to not have disabilities. I'm SO thankful for that.
-Having a job. Especially as a first year college student during the summer, getting a job is the farthest thing from easy.
-Pets. I love dogs!
-Freedom. Living in America is awesome.
-Chocolate. Gummy worms. Candy in general. YUM.
-Water. I drink lots 'o water.
-HOT water. shower time. yes, I love a good steamy shower.
-Electricity. I'm kind of afraid of the dark!
-My car. I hate being cooped up.
Obviously this is just a small fraction of the things I'm lucky to have.
BUT I'm extremely lucky just for this list.
love. B.
No comments:
Post a Comment