5.31.2011

Busy bee.

Holy moly.  I realize I haven't blogged in foreverrr. My bad, Kathy.

Anyway.  I've been incredibly busy!  First off, I know I've mentioned I work 3 jobs...but I didn't explain what exactly I'm doing.  My first job I work at is an insurance company in my hometown as a secretary.  I work there two or three days a week from 8:30am-4:30pm.  The second job I have is at the Americinn hotel.  I work front desk on call and housekeeping every other weekend.  Finally my third job is being a waitress at this small town cafe.  I love that job the most. My car is basically my closet; as I've been living out of it for the past week.  Right now it has everything from my straightner to my rollerblades to a menu from the cafe I waitress at in it.  ha! SOoo. Here is a summary of my week:

Wednesday the 25th I worked from 8:30-2:30pm at the insurance company and then worked 3-7pm at the hotel.  After work I went for a run and then went out with some friends.  We played wiffleball and went bowling.  I love these people.  They always know how to make me laugh.  & we always have the greatest times together.




 

Then on Thursday I worked at the insurance company from 8:30am-4:30pm and THEN worked at the cafe from 5pm to close.  I spent the night at my grandma's.  I truly appreciate getting to spend the night at her house.  It takes me back to my childhood.  I'm SO thankful that I am fortunate enough to have this relationship with my grandma.  

Friday I worked 8:30-3:30pm and then went to the MN Twins game with some of my closest girls. :)  We had a BLAST...even though it was an extremely intense game and we ended up losing.

 
Target Field.

 
We made it on the big screen! :)

 
Sometimes...well, we forget we're in public.

 
Rally Time!

 
On the glove outside after the game. I just love these girls!

Saturday I went to breakfast at the cafe I work at (since my uncle's girlfriend owns it) & we had a farewell breakfast for my aunt Jessie.  Her boyfriend of 9 years, yes, NINE years has a business in Alaska and she lives there now.  I'm SO close with her and I always miss her terribly when she goes back.  Thank the Lord for skype and cell phones.  I said my goodbyes to her :(  BUT then my mom took me to get an upgrade on my cell phone and I got a new phone! I got a Blackberry Torch, & needless to say, I'm in love! haha.  I worked at the cafe from 11-7pm and went to one of my very best friend's grad parties.  Libby and I have been friends for a few years and her party was a blast.  I loved catching up with some people I hadn't seen for quite some time.

Sunday I worked 9am-2pm at the cafe and then my friend from college, Kenzie, came to visit me! :)  We had lots of fun, and had a sleepover in my twin bed.  It was so wonderful catching up with her.  I missed her so much in the month that I hadn't seen her.  We went to the movie "Bridesmaids"  and made a McD's run at night.  We always have the best deep convos together.



 
50s Style McD's :) Cute pink car booth!

 
Turtle Turtle.

 
Duckies by the river.

 
Us on a walk. :) Miss her already!

On a side note...I feel like I live two lives.  Like I have my friends/family at home AND I have all of my friends from school.  I always wonder when the two will collide, but I don't think they ever will.  I mean my home friends will never be good friends with my college friends.  It's so weird...SO having Kenzie in my hometown was/is probably the closest it's gonna come to combining the two.  It was such a bizarre feeling to have Kenzie in extremely familiar places to me in my hometown (where I grew up and all the kids around here are also familiar with.)
On Monday Kenzie and I went to brunch with my other friend Brittany who goes to college with us.  Then I went to my mom's house for a bit to hang out with my sisters. I  miss them.  Since I moved to my dad's house in February of 2010 I don't get to spend as much time with them as I'd like.  I miss them.  I went back to my house and cleaned up my room/car.  Then I skyped with my former RA's girlfriend and my good friend from college, Ashley.  I loved catching up with her. In the midst of skyping I was blogging this post.  THEN the power/internet went out at my house! :(  SOOO I decided to finish and post today.  Life has been sooo crazy lately.  It amazes me that a whole month has passed since I was at school.  

Today I went for a run with Libby and worked with a girl I graduated high school with, Jenna.  Jenna and I working together is so much fun.  We laugh about everything and have great conversations.   I just got home and now I'm getting sleeeeeepy.  It's been one hell of a week. 

love. B.



No comments: