Today was the first spark of summer weather I'd been praying for. It finally feels here. I've missed those nights that you never want to see end, the people & the laughs that never end, and finally the memories that will last lifetimes. I've missed tubing on the river, eating corn on the cob, shorts, flip flops, swimsuit lines, watermelon, lemonade, fishing, paddleboats, and fresh strawberries. I've missed falling asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow because it's been such a long hot day. I've missed feeling those butterflies and taking chances. I've missed camp fires, tents, s'mores, and night games. I've missed driving with the windows down, sunglasses, and putting on the summer playlist. It was finally almost 70 degrees today and SUNNY. Running today was easier than before, but still not to the point of running a 5K, that's for sure. I love lacing up my shoes and hitting the pavement. It's always promising to run farther that I did the day before. Libby and I painted our toenails and laid out on her dock on the Mississippi. Her backyard holds many memories that I hold dear. Late night bonfires and swims are my favorites. I think I even got a little sunburned today...which is a good thing, because I'm cooped up inside most of the days of the week. I went to my friend Ethan's house, too. Brats on the grill and noodle salad is the definition of a summer meal. LOVE that. I went home and spent time with my family after that. OH! & I skyped with Katie and Derek from college. I love those guys, and I miss them SO much. Thank God I'm gonna see them in about two weeks! Even though this summer hasn't been exactly as I picture, I've enjoyed it so far & can't wait to see what else summer 2011 has in store!












No comments:
Post a Comment