The typical conversation at the check out of a grocery store: Beep. Beep. Beep. "Did you find everything okay?" "yep." "And how are you doing today?" "Goood." Yep this is how it normally goes. I was at my local grocery store this afternoon and got to thinking "Whatif one of these times I would just spill out every problem that I was having that day?" Instead of saying "good." and just leaving it at that I would say something like "Well my car broke down last week. My shins hurt. My feet have blisters on them. I broke a coffee cup today in the cafe and the entire place was gawking...yada yada yada." Or just start pouring out my heart and soul as to how I'm feeling lately. I just wanna know for once what the cashier's response would be. Hm. Today was just one of those days where I wanted to crawl back in bed in my big tee shirt and underwear and sleep ALL day long. I didn't want to wake to reality. Because lately reality isn't what I've been striving for. I would much rather live through a dream; everything seems to work out in dreams. It was just one of those days where the bad was heavily outweighing the good. My emotions were running high. I absolutely hate days like this. I went to the cemetery to visit my grandpa B. on my lunch break (thinking it would clear my mind.) I helped for a bit, but once I was back to work I was still frustrated and upset. I know everyone has days like this every now and then. & to be completely honest it's been a very long time since I've felt this negatively. All I can do is hope for brighter tomorrows.
As Adele says:
Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements?
love. B.
No comments:
Post a Comment