6.13.2011

Teenage dirtbag.

SO recap.  My mom and I haven't ever been extremely close.  February of my senior year I moved to my dad's house because things just got to be too much to handle.  She was super controlling, blah blah blah.  Today we got into an argument, go figure.  We haven't fought in quite some time, but today I stood up for my younger sister because I wasn't going to let my opinion go un-noticed.  My mom was looking for assurance that I was on my mom's side of the argument between Desiree and her.  & I didn't agree with my mom.  Desiree definitely had a reason to be upset with the case presented to her.  (it's way too long of a a story and I doubt you would care to hear it.)  SO I stood up for Des, and she went off.  I left without even saying goodbye.  I just kind of left mid-conversation.  ha.  I can't stand how independent my family expects me to be...like working 3 jobs and being super responsible, but yet they hold it over my head with how they pay for my car insurance or medical bills.  It's rather frustrating.  I cried the entire way back to my dad's house.  I haven't cried about my mom since I moved out my senior year.  I was just so angry.  I see some of me in Desiree at that age.  14.  It's a tough age in that household.  Old enough to want to do things with friends, but too young to drive...and you still need that golden ticket permission slip every single time you want to go anywhere.  I DO NOT miss that age at all.  I've learned a great deal about parenting from my mom.  Some good...like how to care for kids, and discipline techniques.  Some bad...like how I'm going to encourage my kids to be in activities instead of discourage, I'm not going to put so much pressure or responsibility on my kids' shoulders at a young age either.  Whatever. 

love. B.

No comments: