Recently I went through a break up. It was the kind of break up where it left me questioning where I had went wrong; what had I done? Long story, short...he claimed he wasn't giving me what I deserved (which was true), he wasn't in it whole-heartedly, and he (and I) could clearly see that I was hanging on to hope that he would pull through. I don't give up easily, especially on things that I KNOW have potential. I felt as if I was carrying the whole relationship though, which wasn't fair at all to me. I was the one who kept things together, even when I knew they were falling apart. It's the little things that matter in life, and there were a few of those things that were missing in our relationship. So after about a 7ish month relationship, he threw in the towel. [Picture of us just a few days before the break up on the right]...Anyways, I was devastated. It was my first time being heart broken. I didn't eat, I didn't sleep, and I cried quite a bit. Nobody could help me, but myself. Of the few break-ups I've had, I do the heart breaking. So this was a huge change for me. Needless to say, I'm over him now, and I've got my eye on a different cute boy. :) hehe, BUT in the meantime, What did I turn to? Well, my parents. My friends. & to take my mind off of things: Music. AND I've taken up painting. (I'll get to that in a later post) AND I've taken up running. These three things were my biggest escape. I could get lost in melodies, beats, and lyrics. I would and still do paint until my eyes get blurry from staring at that canvas for so long. Finally, I would and still do lace up my shoes and hit the pavement for miles of walking and running.I love running. & I absolutely love the feeling of making progress. When I go a little farther than the previous day, I feel motivated to keep up the work. It isn't always easy to have the motivation to get out there and run; nor is it easy to always have the time (especially working 3 jobs!) I've been running about 4-5 times a week for the past month. I'm not the world's best runner by any means, but I hope to get faster and go longer distances. The feeling that rushes my body after a good run isn't comparable to any other. I feel unbelievably refreshed, exhilarated, and healthy. Yes, healthy...weird, I know, but it's the only word I can think of to describe it. OH. Of course, I feel nasty and LOVE the shower after just as much. :) When I'm running I feel like I'm running away from life. & I know that's not always a good thing, BUT I am fully aware it's just a temporary escape. I DO come back to reality...I'm not like a psycopath or anything! hahaha. It just puts me in the mindset that when I'm running nothing can get in my way. I'm the one holding the reins. Running gives me great thinking time, too. One of my favorite places to think about things is anywhere that I'm running. Oh, and I do switch it up. After work I'll go for a run (even at 9-10pm at night)...I'll run around the residential streets of town, I'll run on a trail that is paved about 10 miles out of town, I'll run around the cemetery (creepy, yes, but I strangely like it), I'll run on my road by my house, and any other random spot.
Just a side note: My shins/ankle have been sore for the past 2 weeks. :( Lately, it's slightly hindered my running, but I'm not gonna let it stop me from running on Saturday. I've been icing them, and taking my runs a little easier in the past week. Last night I ran 2.6 miles until I really started to feel them.
I'd like to give some credit where credit is due. Alissa, one of my friends I've mentioned in PLENTY of my blog posts, gave me the idea to start running. She started running after a emotionally draining break up, too...and loves it!
OH. & I designed my own Nike Frees today. LOVE them. I'm really hoping I get them for my birthday or something :) eek!
I'm really looking forward to my race on Saturday. It's my first 5K, so I'm trying not to be too hard on myself if I don't do as well as I want to. My goal is under 30 minutes. We'll see! I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck!

love. B.
2 comments:
Good luck on Saturday! I would love to participate in the Susan G Komen walk/run, but I've never been able to fit it into my schedule. Hopefully the next time it's near home, I can participate. :)
*JRB
Good Luck! I love you so much! I know you'll do great! I love this post! I'm sure you know why! ha ALSOOO! I want nike free's too!! or a little different kind of nikes! then we can match!! :) did I mention I love you! oh and I miss you of course! Let me know how the race goess!!
Post a Comment