6.29.2011

Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up & find that what you're lookin' for has been here the whole time.

I'm well aware that I haven't blogged in quite some time.  I've missed it, honestly.  I've just been extremely busyyyy.  I'll recap the past week:

Friday I worked from 8:30-4:30pm at the insurance company.  After work I had to run a few errands and take my sister, Lindze, home (to my mom's) from her activities of the day.  When dropping Lindze off, I was supposed to pick up my other sister, Desiree, and bring her to a friend's house.  Upon getting to my mom's I went in the house to grab a few things and when I went back outside to go to my car...my car was locked.  UGH...Desiree LOCKED my keys IN my car.  I was so mad.  This wouldn't be such a big deal, but my car only came with one set of keys.  So I ended up calling AAA and having a local towing company come out to slim jim my car to unlock it.  An hour later and behind schedule I dropped Desiree off, and I went to my friend Ethan's house for dinner with him and his parents, and a bike ride.  Since I had to get up early for my race the next morning I left semi-early.

Saturday:  I got up at 6:30 am (WAY too early for this girl...) I ate a bagel and taped my ankle.  Libby, her mom, and her aunt picked me up and we were off!  We drove to the race site.  It was so awesome.  There was so much pink clothing everywhere, so much commotion, and words of inspiration and support.  My great aunt had breast cancer, and it's kind of affected my family.  I loved the idea of running for a good cause.  The race started at 8:45. I was so nervous. I didn't know what to expect.  At about mile number 2 my ankle was dying out.  I was getting so frustrated with it.  I pushed through and finished in 29:52.  I made my goal!  Hugging Libby at the finish line felt so good.  It is sort of amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it.
 
I went home to shower and nap.  I waitressed from 5pm-9pm at the cafe. Then I had plans to go to the Drive-in theater about 20 minutes out of my hometown with about 10 friends from high school.  I absolutely LOVE mini-high school reunions with those people.  They are such a great friends.  AND my college freshman year room mate came to visit! So she came along :) It was so nice to see her!  We watched Cars 2 and Pirates of the Carribean 4!

 
This is one of the few Drive-in theaters that survived from the new era of regular movie theaters we go to now.  I love it.  It is such a good summer past-time.  I plan on making it tradition to get my high school group together to go.  It's already getting harder though with everyone getting their own busy lives and schedule.  We'll just have to make due.

 
College room mate, Rachel, and me at the Drive-in.

 
Ethan and me at the Drive-in. 




Sunday:  I was SOOOO tired.  I was running on about 3 hours of sleep since we didn't get home until almost 4am & I had to get up and waitress at 7:30am.  I was draggin'.  One of my best friends, Mackenzie, from college...mentioned in a previous post...and her boyfriend, Dane, came to the cafe I waitressed at on their way back home from our college town.  I am actually getting excited to go back to school just so I can see those people again, too.  Once I got off work Rachel and I went to my house and had dinner with my family.  We also went to my elementary school playground for a bit :) 

We also went to the Americinn to go swimming.  It was lots of fun.  We got home after dark and my entire yard was flickering with fireflies.  SO cool.  We caught about 10 fireflies in a mason jar. 
 
Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the day.  Three hours of sleep after a 5K, a long day/ night at the drive in, and working....OOF.  I was pooped. This was probably my favorite weekend all summer.


Monday:  I had the day off.  Rachel left at noon, and then I ran errands (I hate not having time to do errands...since I worked 9 days in a row.)   I hung out with Alissa, too!  We got barbies in our Happy Meals at McD's...SO what did we do?  Went to Ethan's house when he wasn't home and put them on his bed of course. :)  Yep, we're weirdos.
 

Tuesday:  Sadly, I don't have any pictures, as I forgot my camera at home.  I worked housekeeping at the Americinn until about 11:30am.  Then I went to the beach with two girls from high school that have been my friends since 6th grade.  I was smart and didn't get burned this time! Thanks you sunscreen :)  I also went shopping and got a new swimsuit and some new belly button rings. :) I hung out with one of the girls (Kayleigh) for most of the afternoon.  I also went to Ethan's house later last night.  We went to Dairy Queen, and watched Iron Man 2.  Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good night. :) hehe.
love. B.




PS- Just a side note.  If you couldn't tell, my friends are the greatest.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Heeheeeee! When did you find that picture? That was a long time ago...kind of.

P.S. You should make posting comments on your blog easier by making them pop up comment boxes! :)

Brianna. said...

I found it a few days after you guys took it! I found the sign in my purse first and was super confused. haha. AND I just changed it :) all for you, Princess.