7.19.2011

fancy fears.

Day eight.


Something you're afraid of.
Oh man, if you know me, you know I'm a scaredy cat.

First...as irrational as this may seem...drumroll...Tapeworms.
 If I ever find out I have a tapeworm, I'd probably be on suicide watch.  Not. even. kidding.
Storytime:  Two summers ago we had tacos at my aunt's house.  Two weeks after eating tacos she told me they found out that there was some sort of parasite in the meat...tapeworms.  I was bawling.  Thinking about the conversation we had, even now, gives me anxiety.  I would post a picture, but I really don't want to google search images for those ugly scary things.

Next...Failing out of college or ending up alone in life.  Yep.  Wrap your brain around those thoughts for a moment.  Nobody wants to fail, and nobody truly wants to be alone in life.

Finally...I have a bunch of stooopid irrational fears, but I can't help it.

For instance:  Porta potties.  What if something is hiding in the stinky tank part and pulls me in?  Or the two seconds it takes to open the door to a porta pottie...whatif some creepy guy is in there?

Another?  When falling off tubing or skiing on the lake...I'm deathly afraid of weeds.  Whatif they wrap around my foot and pull me in?  Or whatif there is a massive musky at the bottom waiting for me to freak out about weeds and bite my leg while I'm side tracked?

One last one? Spiders.  I almost forgot about this one.  I don't even know how, but I did. ANYwayy:  My bedroom here at home I feel is somewhat infested with them.  & not little baby ones either.  BIG scary fat ones.  I get so paranoid if I see one.  I've even went upstairs after my parents are sleeping to wake my dad up to come kill a spider.  A few weeks ago one was in the shower and I about lost it.  I washed it down the drain soo fast.   **Check out my very first blog post. HERE:
http://littlemissbeautifullife.blogspot.com/2011/05/arachnophobia-at-7am.html


Laugh.  I'm giving you permission.  I realize how dumb they sound, but I can't help thinking these things. :)

love. B.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Um...you forgot about spiders...you cry when one comes near you!

Brianna. said...

Yes. I shall go back and edit it, so I mention that one too. :) I can't believe I forgot about that one.

Jen said...

Believe it or not we both have pretty much all the same fears. My #1 reason for not wanting to go tubing off the lake is that I fear I'll fall off and be floating there in the middle of the water with whatever awful things are under there. When I do go I hold onto that thing for DEAR LIFE. I had to use a port-a-potty twice recently (desperate measures) and the whole time my mind was racing- what if a pervert has a camera in here, what if some sketchy guy comes in, what if someone bumps into it and the thing falls over? LOL. and spiders, don't even get me started. and tapeworms....oh my god.

Brianna. said...

Jen, it's so nice to know that I'm not the only one with somewhat of ridiculous fears! :) Thanks for the comment!
-B