Your Parents.
Wellll, my mom had me at a young age and so my parents were never married. They both have children after me with other people. Having a split family has it's perks, but it definitely is not easy by any means. I have both a step mom and a step dad, but the ones shown in the pictures are my biological parents.
My dad and I have always had that "father-daughter" relationship. He's always been somewhat protective of me, but not to the point of suffocation. I appreciate all he has done for me. Even though he has small children now with my step mom, he manages to help me out now and then. Obviously we don't have the perfect relationship, but we try. Since the point in my life where a bed-time was no longer necessary my dad and I have grown closer. If I'm home on the weekends we stay up for hours talking about life and random things...I guess you could say they're almost "deep convo-ish." When I moved into his house full time during my senior year we grew even closer. I love going hunting and fishing with him. There isn't a time in my life that I don't remember being his fishing buddy or even squirrel hunting as a 6 year old. :)
Like my dad, I truly appreciate everything that my mom has done and is doing for me now. We haven't always got along though; hence why I moved out senior year. My mom and I love to go 4-wheeling. I also LOVE shopping and getting pedicures with my mom. This picture was taken on move-in day of my freshman year of college. She was a single mom for a long time, and I know it wasn't easy. I give her A LOT of credit. I hated how strict she was with me, but it did pay off. I believe she raised me and my sisters to be hardworking and responsible. My mom is definitely the more high-strung one of my parents. My dad is pretty chill and my mom stirs the pot. My mom has been a pretty good role model of a mother throughout my life. There has been plenty of times that I have NO idea why she does what she does or says, but half the time I figure out her reasoning later. I love how we have a similar sense of humor. Since moving to college we've definitely gotten closer. I now call my mom when I have a problem. She gives me advice and listens to my vent sessions. I don't take our relationship for granted, that's for sure.
Without my parents I wouldn't be the person I am today. Even though we have our issues and arguments I wouldn't trade them for anything.
I love them!
love. B.
No comments:
Post a Comment