Day Three.
Your first love.
Oof...
I was really good friends with him all throughout my sophomore year in high school, and then we started dating July of 2008. This wasn't an easy relationship. We both worked pretty hard to make it work for a while. My mom was difficult and didn't seem too wild about the relationship since he was almost 3 years older than me. & I couldn't drive then. He worked at a summer camp the summer we started dating so it was long distance for a while, but then he came back and lived at home. I LOVE his family. I clicked SO well with them, in fact, the "ex" family I speak of on here is indeed HIS family. He was such a good boyfriend. He did the cute surprises I loved, like flowers and dinner and mushy notes. In January of my senior year in high school he left for basic training with the US Air Force. Those two months that we had NO contact was brutal. I got in a horrible fight with my mom, moved to my dad's, and felt lost, sad, and alone. In March 2010, I went to Texas with his family for the basic graduation. I have never been so overcome with excitement than I was to see him. (He was my BEST friend) It was only for 4 days. Then back to reality. Four more months passed and he got to come home on leave for 3 weeks. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary and hung out almost every day he was home. We always had so much fun together. Our fights didn't last more than a day or two. He always put me first, and I actually feel bad for that sometimes. He firmly believed we were going to get married. I had other plans though once college started to get near for me. It was August of 2010, only a week before I left for college. He was now in Louisiana. The distance was just WAY too much for me to handle. The feelings were fading. I didn't want the temptations of other guys in college. It scared me so badly to not have any clue the next time he was going to be home. Our relationship was under pressure. Needless to say, I broke it off. It took MONTHS, but finally we can talk normally and as friends again. It's nice having someone who knows you so well, and you can be comfortable with, but not have feelings for. He is still in Louisiana, and actually getting deployed overseas in November. I'm nervous for him, but I know he will do great. I really appreciate the relationship I have with him now.
love. B.
No comments:
Post a Comment