7.13.2011

I come from a long line of sinners like me.

Day Twoooo.
Meaning behind your blog name.

"Little Miss Beautiful Life"

In all honesty, it is derived from an old nickname.  That's not the point I'm getting into.

It means that no matter how dumb life may seem or how badly things aren't going as planned...life IS and ALWAYS will be beautiful.

Like how my parents are making me pay my medical bills, but I've been blessed to be in pretty good health.
Like how the guy I like, likes my best friend, but we've all managed to stay friends through it thus far.
Like how I'm taking 18 credits this fall, but I will be that much more ahead on my college track.
Like how I realize my siblings will get many more privileges as teenagers that I didn't get at that age, but I learned a few more life lessons through the strictness of my parents that they never will.

Some of the things I appreciate in this beautiful life...

That pink and yellow sunset on my way back home from work.
The pink baby blanket that still sits on my bed at 19 years old.
Finding a new song I like...(blog post title)
The way my 3 year old sister rules the roost somedays.
Skype dates.
Singing at the top of my lungs driving with the windows down on a hot summer day.
The big gold fish (Judy) that greets me every day and has moved with me through the tough times.
The hunting tradition of driving almost 3 hours north every fall to go deer hunting with my dad.  
Lately, seeing his name popping up in a text.
Saying goodbye to my family before heading back to college.
...Just to name a few.



It means that I might not have the perfect life, but it is and always will be as beautiful as I make it to be.

2 comments:

Jessica M. said...

"Like how I realize my siblings will get many more privileges as teenagers that I didn't get at that age, but I learned a few more life lessons through the strictness of my parents that they never will." - Definitely understand this! My siblings are treated differently than I was when I was there age, but I'm grateful for the way I was trained.

I loved this post!

*JRB

Jessica M. said...

(Trained?!? I think I meant raised lol)